Saturday, January 2, 2010

Happy New Year 2010

Happy New Year! We had a quiet NYE this year. We didn't want to go out, but I also didn't want to cook because we were hosting a brunch the next morning. So we ordered takeout from Pittsburgh Blue - a nice local steakhouse. We put Eleanore to bed at her normal time (around 7:30) and Patrick went to pick it up. We broke out the china and the silver and some candles and we had a romantic dinner - without needing a babysitter!

The next morning we had a traditional Southern-style New Year's brunch. Eleanore had lots of little friends to play with - Isabelle, Makayla, Olivia, Katie and Sophia. We had close to 20 people including the kids!

The photo above is from "close to midnight" on New Year's eve (I have to admit I fell asleep before midnight). The photo below was from our New Year's day brunch.


No comments: