Saturday, August 8, 2009

August Trip to Buffalo

Eleanore and Mommy took a quick four day weekend trip to Buffalo in early August. We spent a lot of time with both the great grandmas. Here are photos of Eleanore and Mimi hanging out at Mimi's place. Everything was going well until E slammed two of her fingers in a drawer. Her two sucking fingers! She took all the skin off and really did a number on them. It was the first time I had ever seen her bleed. You could tell it really hurt - poor baby.
She still had a nice time with Mimi; she liked playing with her hats (photo above). But she wasn't in a very good mood with hurt fingers. It was hard because the way she would soothe herself was to suck those fingers and it hurt to suck them!
The silver lining in all of this is that I had no idea how to break her of the finger sucking habit. I hear that some little ones suck their thumbs for years! Well, turns out if you slam their fingers in a drawer, it kicks the habit! (I do not recommend this technique, but it was a good byproduct).

No comments: